BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just starting out...


Hello friends! This is my first attempt at this game.. I've never done it before, not really. I had a website once... but it sorta failed. Anyhow, now that I have a reason to talk to the world about something important, said reason being my little Elizabeth of course, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. So, new to blogging, new to motherhood, new to being single again. I'm just starting out with all kinds of things. Any advice?

Elizabeth Anne Tidwell was born on July 22, 2009 at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden, UT. She was 6 pounds 10 ounces and 19 inches long, and just as sweet as could be. She was nearly right on time, just a couple days early. Since her birth, she's just been the light of my life, and totally mellow. Calm and chill, just like me. She's the perfect baby for a single parent. I call her Lizzabee because of Bumblebee from Transformers.. he's my favorite. Well, aside from Frenzy, who is my actual favorite. Anyway, she's going to be a bumblebee for Halloween this year. All 3 months of her... *grins*

Since I am recently divorced, I have been out hunting for jobs, and I finally managed to get hired by the oh so huge corporation of Walmart as an evening cashier. It's not full time, but I'm hoping to get hired at Claire's as well, my interview went really well. We'll see! *crosses her fingers* Much to my relief, I do not need to put Lizzie in daycare as her father will have her when I work and I will have her when he does. I'm hoping to maintain this as long as possible. My plan is to keep her out of daycare altogether.

Well, any advice from other single moms? Or from not-single moms too, for that matter? This world is brand new to me and I have a lot of learning to do, but I'm thrilled to do it!

1 comments:

Cristi said...

Annie! Your blog is so cute! I love it! Isn't it fun? Can't wait to see more. Congrats about your job. I'm going to be a bumble bee, too! what a coinky-dink! There's a way cool blog you may like from a divorced mother of 2. Her name is Nikki and she just got engaged (like 2 weeks ago) to Alan's friend Sam from PopRocks. But she has lots of really neat thoughts and helpful things to say about divorce and being LDS and being single,etc. You can go back through the last year of stuff she's written. I think you'll love it! http://www.have-joy.blogspot.com/